Asian Style Salmon
This salmon recipe is simple and super tasty, the Asian marinade uses 5 different tastes (sweet, spicy, salty, umami & acidity) creating a well balanced flavour and a very satisfying bite. This dish is fast enough for midweek and impressive enough for company.
Time taken: 10 minutes plus marinating time
- 2 (4-5 oz) Skinless salmon fillet
- 7/10 fl oz Soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 3/10 oz Ginger, crushed
- 2 Chillies, jarred brined and finely sliced
- 1 Lime
To Serve (optional)
- Sesame seeds
- Spring onions/scallions, finely sliced
- Aromatic rice or noodles
- Your favourite greens
- Marinate the salmon overnight for the best results
- Swap out lime by adding a dash of rice vinegar into your marinade
- Add the chilli after the salmon is grilled, this will avoid a release of capsaicin in the chilli that may sensitise your lungs when inhaled
In a medium size mixing bowl mix together the soya sauce, honey, garlic and ginger. Coat the salmon fillets well in the marinade, cover in cling film and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill/broiler to 200c.
- Once the salmon has marinated for your desired amount of time place the salmon on a baking tray and scrape any excess marinade on top of the salmon.
- Grill for 6-8 minutes, until the salmon has caramelised and is cooked all the way through.
- Serve with a sprinkle of chillies, sesame seeds and spring onions and serve with aromatic rice, greens and 2 lime wedges.