Simple Beef Bolognese
This recipe is a quick, simple and delicous alternative bolognese recipe. A true family favourite of ours. Enjoy!
Preparation taken: 20 minutes plus 1 hour simmering
- 500g Pasta
- 80ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Large onion or 2 medium, finely diced
- 3 Cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 500g Beef mince
- 750g Passata
- 175ml Dry red or white wine
- Fresh basil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- Rinse the passata jar with 100ml water, shake and add into the sauce.
- In a large sauté pan over a medium heat sauté the onions for 5-6 minutes until soften. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Turn up the heat and quickly add the beef mince and season with salt and pepper. Now break up the mince using a wooden spoon and keep stirring letting the meat liquid evaporate. Once the mince has browned turn down the heat to medium.
- Next add the wine and with a wooden spoon deglaze the pan (scrape any brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan). Once the wine has evaporated add the passata and oregano. Bring to the boil then turn the heat to low and let simmer for at least 1 hour adding water if needed. Check and stir once every 15-30 minutes.
- When the Bolognese is nearly finished, add the basil then taste and season with salt and pepper. Then cook the pasta in a pot of generously salted boiling water until al dente. Drain the pasta and stir into the Bolognese sauce.
- Serve fresh from the pan with freshly grated parmesan.