Pesto pappardelle with chicken, broccoli & spinach
Our pesto pasta recipe is perfect for when you are in a rush. Its simple yet delicious. Its quick enough for a midweek treat whilst also healthy enough for a family meal. Its low in saturated fats and high in vitamins. You can vary the flavour of the pesto in the recipe and will still end up with a great result.
Time taken: 25 - 30 minutes
- 500g Fresh pappardelle
- Olive oil
- 2 Chicken breasts, finely sliced
- 1 head Broccoli, cut into small florets
- 250g Spinach
- 100g Basil pesto
- 1/2 Lemon
- Chilli flakes, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Parmesan, for serving
- Bring a medium pot of water to the boil, then add salt. Add the broccoli and cook until al dente. When the broccoli is done, drain and place in ice water. Fill the same medium pot with water, add to the heat and once boiling generously salt. Add the fresh pasta, cook until al dente (1-2 minutes), reserve 200ml of pasta water and then drain.
- Meanwhile in a large sauté pan over a medium heat add olive oil. Season the chicken with salt and then sauté until nearly cooked. Add the broccoli and sauté until hot (2 minutes). Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Next add the pasta water and pesto, mix and then reduce by half. Add pappardelle and continue to cook for a additional minute, stirring constantly. Squeeze half a lemon and season with salt and chilli flakes.
- Serve fresh from the pan with a sprinkle of parmesan.